Senior Field Applications Engineer
The Senior Field Applications Engineer (FAE) will provide direct support to Global customers with a focus on US based customers. The candidate will support the development and debug of products using Ambiq ultra-low power solutions, and also assist in all aspects of customer design-in process, and support customers hardware and software development through to full production.
Candidate must quickly learn and support Ambiq products, read/write technical specifications/requirements, develop/refine hardware designs, apply system integration and lab skills, demonstrate strong problem solving abilities, and work closely with customers and internal engineering to help develop and launch customers’ new products.
This will require traveling up to 50% of the time.
- Work closely with Ambiq Sales to support customer design-in activities starting from pre-sales activities.
- Be an authority on low power design, and advise customers on how to optimize power consumption at a system level.
- Perform design reviews of customer schematics and PCB layouts.
- Assist customers in the use of Ambiq Software Development Kit, and development tools for microcontroller and application programming.
- Support bringing up and debugging of customer designs including software, hardware, and overall system.
- Provide feedback on customers inputs to Marketing and Engineering to shape the development of new ICs and reference designs.
- Review customer software/hardware design requirements to understand current and future challenges.
- Evangelize emerging technology and train/enable the sales team
The ideal candidate must be an engineer with experience developing software and hardware in embedded systems. The candidate must have experience visiting and supporting customers, and must be comfortable presenting and discussing complex technical topics. The ideal candidate must have experience supporting customers developing energy-constrained, battery-powered products and must have expertise in leading low power microcontrollers, DSPs, radios, and other peripherals from industry leaders. Knowledge of wearable and hearable product designs is highly desirable. Solid electrical engineering, embedded software/firmware development (C Programming Language), digital and analog circuit fundamentals, and lab skills are a must. Strong communication and teamwork skills are required. Experience with wireless standards such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or ZigBee will be a plus, and application experience with Arm based microcontrollers is strongly desired.
- 10+ years’ experience in a Field Applications Engineering role or equivalent.
- Extensive experience visiting, presenting to, and working with customers.
- Experience designing embedded software and hardware for both MCUs and DSPs.
- Experience with Cortex-M Arm-based microcontrollers is highly desirable.
- Experience debugging common embedded MCU hardware and software issues.
- Experience supporting and designing with low power radios (BLE, BT Classic, 802.15.4) is desirable.
- Experience supporting graphics, display and UI development is desired.
- Experience with embedded audio applications such as hearables or voice assistant devices is helpful.
- Experience with embedded Neural Network applications such as sound, speech, motion, and image classification is helpful.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq Management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming FAE should embrace these same values. The FAE must also be creative and should be comfortable supporting entirely new chip products aimed at new classes of battery-powered devices. The ideal FAE candidate must be hungry for success and must be ready to adapt, and grow rapidly with Ambiq in the coming years.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Senior Field Applications Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.