Security Test Engineer
Scope and Responsibilities:
Ambiq’s Software and Solutions Team is looking for a Security Test Engineer. The candidate will be working with a global development team, supporting Security testing in the System Test team. The candidate will also be responsible for creating the test infrastructure related to security, setting up test automation processes for security testing during pre and post silicon phases of the product to ensure proper functionality, performance of security, and associated infrastructure.
In this role, the candidate will work collaboratively with firmware engineering, security team, systems engineering, and the rest of the System Test team to automate and streamline security test processes, collaborate on test strategies and plans, develop new tools, develop test automation, and create customer use cases and tests for various security features.
- Develop test cases and execute tests to ensure functionality for the security and related system-level use-cases, based on security requirements.
- Plan the test infrastructure to ensure proper coverage, implementation, and documentation.
- Participate in the pre-silicon verification on FPGA, as well as post-silicon bring up.
- Assist in development of automated test framework and regression test suites to optimize security testing.
- Identify, report and handle defects in a defect tracking system.
- Apply quality engineering standard methodologies for the testing process including test execution and defect resolution.
- Work closely with engineering teams and marketing to understand requirements and use-cases to facilitate producing high-quality products.
- Assist the development teams in reproduction and triage of issues.
The Security Test Engineer must have experience with system and functional-level security testing, creating test plans, test infrastructure and test automation. Experience with testing embedded devices, IoT, and wearable devices very desirable.
- BSEE, BSCE, or BSCS with 5+ years of software and hardware testing experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with Embedded Security, cryptography, and secure boot.
- Knowledge of cryptographic algorithms and protocols including Public Key Infrastructure and device security lifecycles
- Experience developing in embedded C with a focus on system initialization and low-level code is preferred.
- Prior experience with security certification/compliance testing is a plus.
- Prior experience setting up a test infrastructure and methodologies.
- Prior experience creating and executing test plans.
- Role will require development of test automation for security test cases, as well as system-level security use cases
- Experience with scripting or programming languages such as (Python, shell scripts, Tcl/Tk, Perl, etc.).
- Experience with Jira, Git, and Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins).
- Understanding of security testing, system-level testing, and test automation principles.
- Familiar with defect management practices.
Key Personal ad Professional Attributes:
Ambiq® is a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Ambiq is bringing intelligence to billions of endpoints. Using the revolutionary Sub-threshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT) Platform, Ambiq’s record-breaking ultra-low power SoCs free device makers to put intelligence everywhere. Ambiq’s SoCs have enabled more than 100 million battery powered devices in markets ranging from wearables to hearables to smart credit cards to smart home devices to smart industrial devices. Ambiq develops and sells SoCs and software solutions with innovative and fast-moving teams in the US (Austin and San Jose), Taiwan (Hsinchu), China (Shenzhen and Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo), and Singapore.
We are just getting started with this first 100 million devices. Come join us on our quest for 100 billion devices. The endpoint intelligence revolution starts here.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Security Test Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.