The Validation Manager’s responsibilities include providing technical leadership and guidance, creating and tracking project schedules, hiring high quality team members, contributing to validation software and hardware development, and managing the Ambiq Validation Team and resources in Hsinchu, Taiwan. The Validation Team is responsible for the design, development, and operation of system hardware and software used to validate, characterize, and automate debug of Ambiq MCU products and associated system components. This includes developing and integrating software tools for custom validation hardware, power profiling, device specific characterization, MCU control and monitoring, and data collection and analysis.
Product validation and device characterization ensures the product meets design targets and will operate as intended in the end customer system under specified operating conditions. The Validation Team collaborates with the Software, Systems, Applications, and Design Teams to develop validation plans, provide inputs for product testability and characterization, and determine the requirements for system, product, and block level testing. The Team works closely with the Production Test Team on production test program correlation, characterization testing, and data collection for product electrical specification limits, and is responsible for post silicon validation testing.
- Manage the Validation Team in Hsinchu, Taiwan and hire high quality team members.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the Validation Team.
- Create and track Validation Team activities and project schedules.
- Lead test program correlation activities for the Validation Team.
- Lead the Validation Team to develop functional tests needed for the production test program.
- Create MCU silicon validation algorithms and functional tests using TCL (Tool Command Language) scripts, Shell scripts, and embedded C/C++ software.
- Design, develop, and test embedded MCU firmware used for silicon validation and system level testing.
- Work closely with the Austin Validation, Digital Design, and Verification Teams to develop validation plans.
- Analysis and debug of customer RMA parts.
- Define and develop tools for validation test data logging, analysis, and presentation.
- Develop custom automated software functions and/or applications to assist the Design, Test, and Applications Teams with debugging of MCU hardware issues.
- Bachelor of Science/Masters in Electrical Engineering with 7+ years of experience developing software to automate MCU silicon validation and/or related systems.
- 3+ years of experience managing and/or leading a small team of 4-7 engineers.
- Experience architecting and developing software for automation systems that include a host PC, lab electrical equipment, and custom MCU silicon validation board hardware.
- Experience developing software algorithms and writing TCL, Perl and/or Python test scripts, and embedded MCU code in C/C++.
- Experience working with common embedded software IDEs (Keil, IAR, Eclipse, or Arm) to assist with C/C++ and TCL software development and debug.
- Hands-on experience working in the lab with digital and analog electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and pico-ammeter measurement equipment.
- Experience developing and using data logging, analysis, and report generation tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to solve complex system level issues related to board level hardware and software integration, analog and digital hardware interaction, and power management.
- Experience with test and debug of microcontroller digital, analog, and power related problems.
- Experience working with Arm based microcontrollers that have a high level of both analog and digital integration. This includes power management, ADCs, timers, I2C, SPI, I2S, PDM, UART, and other high speed peripheral interfaces.
- Knowledge of ultra-low current measurement techniques is desirable.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.