System Test Engineer
Ambiq’s Software and Solutions Team is looking for a System Test Engineer. The candidate will be working with a global development team, and supporting system test activities. The candidate will also be responsible for creating the test infrastructure, setting up test automation processes for the system test (during pre and post silicon phases of the product) to ensure proper functionality and performance at the system-level.
In this role, the candidate will work collaboratively with Firmware Engineering and Systems Engineering to automate and streamline our test processes, collaborate on test strategies and plans, develop new tools, develop test automation, and develop customer use case tests for system test.
- Develop test plans and execute tests to ensure functionality and performance as per the system use-cases and system requirements.
- Plan the test infrastructure to ensure proper coverage, implementation, and documentation.
- Develop automated test framework and regression test suites to optimize system-level testing.
- Identify, report and handle defects in a defect tracking system.
- Apply quality engineering standard methodologies for the testing process, including test execution and defect resolution.
- Work closely with Engineering and Marketing Teams to understand requirements and use-cases to facilitate producing high-quality products.
- Assist the Development Teams in reproduction and triage of issues.
The System Test Engineer must have experience with systems-level testing, creating test plans, test infrastructure and test automation. Experience with testing embedded devices, IoT, and wearable devices are very desirable.
- BSEE, BSCE, or BSCS with 5+ years of software and hardware testing experience.
- Prior experience setting up a test infrastructure and methodologies.
- Prior experience creating and executing test plans.
- Experience with development of test automation as well as device test apps for customer use-cases.
- Experience testing low-level embedded/real-time environments is a plus.
- Experience with scripting or programming languages such as Python, shell scripts, Tcl/Tk, Perl, C, C++, and more.
- Experience with Jira, git, and Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins).
- Good hands-on experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and more, for measurement and debugging issues are desirable.
- Familiarity with security infrastructure.
- Understanding of software testing, system-level testing, and test automation principles.
- Familiar with defect management practices.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq Management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
System Test Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.