Staff Validation Engineer
The Staff Validation Engineer will design and develop system software and hardware used to validate and characterize Ambiq MCU products and associated system components. This includes development and/or integration of software tools for custom validation hardware, power profiling, device specific characterization, MCU control and monitoring, and data collection and analysis.
Product validation and device characterization ensures the product meets design targets and will operate as intended in the end customer system under all specified operating conditions. The Validation Team collaborates with the software, systems, applications, and design teams to develop validation plans, provide inputs for product testability and characterization, and drives post silicon validation testing. It also works closely with the product test team on product level characterization requiring comprehensive data collection necessary to verify and correlate correct device functionality and to set product specification limits.
- Develop microcontroller (MCU) silicon validation algorithms and functional tests using TCL (Tool Command Language), Shell and/or Python scripts and embedded C/C++.
- PCB hardware architecture, design, and development.
- Work with the Software, Design, and Verification Teams to develop validation and MCU characterization plans and define implementation details of automated test scripts.
- Work with Internal Engineering Teams to analyze and debug complex system level issues and develop hardware and software solutions.
- Create digital, analog, and power validation software regression test suites.
- Define and develop mixed signal analog and power analysis tools for validation test data logging, analysis, and presentation.
- Develop custom automated software functions and/or applications to assist with debug of MCU hardware issues.
- Software development of current monitoring, capturing, and profiling tools and applications
- FPGA hardware design and software development.
- Lead validation sub-projects and mentor other validation team members.
- Improving and optimizing validation test systems, procedures, and test methods.
- BS/MS in EE with 5+ years of experience developing software to automate MCU silicon validation and/or related embedded processor systems.
- 5+ years of experience developing software algorithms and writing TCL, Shell, and/or Python test scripts, and embedded MCU code in C/C++.
- Experience architecting and developing software for automation systems that include a host PC, lab electrical equipment, and custom MCU silicon validation board hardware.
- Experience working with common embedded MCU software IDEs (Keil, IAR, Eclipse, Arm) and build environments for C/C++ and TCL software development and debug.
- Experience designing PCB schematics and layouts using Orcad Capture and Allegro design tools.
- Verilog development and programming experience for FPGA design (Xilinx or Altera).
- Experience working hands-on in the lab with digital and analog electrical test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, audio analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and pico-ammeter measurement equipment.
- Experience developing and using data logging, analysis, and report generation tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to solve complex system level issues related to board level hardware, and software integration, analog and digital hardware interactions, and low power management.
- Experience with test and debug of MCU digital, analog, and power related issues.
- Experience working with Arm based microcontrollers that have a high level of both analog and digital integration. This includes power management, ADCs, timers, I2C, SPI, I2S, PDM, UART, and high-speed peripheral interfaces.
- Knowledge of ultra-low current measurement techniques is desirable.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Staff Validation Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.