Sr. Staff Engineer, Radio Software
Ambiq’s Software and Solutions Team is looking for a technical lead responsible for the wireless software development for the Apollo Blue family. The candidate will be working with a global development team on various wireless software development activities from project concept/early FPGA bring-up, to mass production. The candidate will be responsible for scoping software development work, task delegation, identifying resource/technical gaps, taking initiative to tackle challenging technical issues by getting support from across teams. The candidate must be intimately familiar with Bluetooth technology.
- Lead as well as participate in architecture, requirements, design, code and test case reviews.
- Develop wireless software solution (implement specification, design software, and unit test).
- Work with multi-functional groups and external vendors to develop software solutions.
- Work with Product Planning Team to understand system requirements.
- Work with validation and system test teams to triage issues and assist in communicating the status of open issues to management.
- Promote teamwork and foster collaboration.
- Be involved in all aspects of new features development including story elaboration, estimation, analysis, design, programming, unit/integration testing, and debugging.
- Work with different cross functional teams to integrate and debug wireless components on the company’s platform.
- Perform code review, code optimization, refactoring, bug hunting, and bug fixing.
- Produce unit, functional, integration and interoperability tests, including automating tests when advantageous.
- Analyze RF, firmware issues using air sniffer, logic analyzer, etc.
- Write technical documents, including white papers, architecture diagrams, module and API description.
The candidate must have extensive experience in the design, development or use of HAL and BSP libraries for MCU product, as well as extensive experience developing deeply embedded applications for wireless silicon. The candidate must have significant experience developing for, and debugging on Arm or DSP based platforms.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 12+ years of software experience on Arm/DSP embedded platforms.
- 7+ years of experience with Bluetooth/BLE wireless technology, including Bluetooth Software debugging experience with Bluetooth sniffer tools and protocol analyzers.
- Experience that demonstrates strong technical leadership and problem-solving skills, and able to comprehend complex systems and explain these systems to others.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in real-time processing, data structures and complexity analysis.
- Experience with Bluetooth host (open or closed source) stacks and profiles is highly desired.
- Familiar with engineering best practices: git version control, unit-tests, and continuous integration.
- Fluent in low level software debugging skills using GDB, emulators, JTAG, and more.
- Expert knowledge on performance and power optimization.
- Experience with other short-range wireless technologies including Zigbee or Thread/6LoWPAN are a plus.
- Strong communication skills; excellent technical communication with peers.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Sr. Staff Engineer, Radio Software
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.