Sr. Solutions Audio Software Engineer
Ambiq’s Software and Solutions Team is looking for a Senior Solutions Audio Software Engineer. Candidate will be working with a global development team, focusing on audio software framework development and test activities. Candidate will also be responsible for designing software architecture, interfaces, audio layout, data path and scripts and integrating algorithms from third parties, supporting audio data path and performance testing during pre and post silicon phases of the product to ensure proper audio functionality and performance.
- Design and develop software frameworks for audio and voice related features of Ambiq’s ultra-low power Bluetooth-enabled MCUs.
- Integrate, verify, and fine-tune audio algorithm modules including audio codecs, data path, audio processing algorithms, voice processing and detection algorithms and hardware interfaces such as ADC/DAC/PDM/I2S/TDM.
- Work with Audio Test Engineers to develop test cases to evaluate audio software and hardware components listed above.
- Develop and maintain HAL interfaces and device drivers for audio and voice applications, such as ADC, PDM, I2S, smart amplifiers, microphones etc.
- Work with Engineering and Marketing Team to design and incrementally improve the audio system architecture and software framework.
- Participate in definition of audio system functionality and performance specifications according to customer use cases, and application requirements.
- Work closely with internal Development Team for product planning, verification, and software design.
- Work closely with third party software partners to evaluate their product features and performances.
- Create application notes, knowledgebase articles and design guidelines for audio subsystem and software.
The Senior Solutions Audio Software Engineer must have experience with audio/voice software system development and tuning. Experience with audio applications in wearable devices is preferred.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 8+ years of experience developing software for microcontroller or related systems.
- Proficient in embedded software programming languages such as C/C++.
- 3+ years of experience with audio development and algorithm tuning for embedded systems.
- Experiences with audio hardware interfaces and codec such as ADC/DAC/PDM/I2S/TDM and etc.
- Experiences with audio algorithms simulation, evaluation, and tuning, such as noise suppression, voice enhancement, echo cancellation, equalizers and filters. Experiences in algorithm developing is preferred.
- Familiar with audio processing tools such as Matlab, PD, AudioWeaverDesigner, Python and Audacity/Sox/Audition.
- Experience with audio testing procedure, tools and equipment is preferred. Familiar with acoustic performance test standards such as ETSI/3GPP, ITU-T, ISO/GB is a plus.
- Familiar with audio testing equipment such as Audio Precision, ACQUA, SLM etc.
- Good communication skill needed. Will be responsible for communications between Field and Design Teams and issue tracking management.
- Fluent English and Chinese Mandarin.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Sr. Solutions Audio Software Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.