The Software Architect will be responsible for developing next-generation ultra-low power software architectures for future Ambiq products. The candidate will work with the Marketing and Advanced Development Teams to develop new software specifications to drive architecture, and work with the Engineering Teams to transfer to Ambiq’s products. Areas of interest include: low power embedded microcontroller/microprocessor designs, DSP architectures, display and graphics, audio and voice processing, wireless communication protocols, and multicore architectures. The candidate must have sufficient experience with RTOS based embedded systems and requirements for low to high level software architecture, system/software partitioning, power and performance tradeoffs and power management. This position will report directly to the VP of Architecture.
- Work with Ambiq’s Marketing, Advanced Development, Architecture, and Engineering Teams to drive development of new ultra-low power architectures on Ambiq’s technology and product roadmaps.
- Develop software specifications and drive use case definition and analysis.
- Analyze low power multimedia, audio and wireless software IP, protocols, and signal chains to identify opportunities for energy savings.
- Work with the Engineering Team to transition architecture specification into Ambiq’s products.
- Develop strong software methodologies, models and detailed specifications.
- Work with Systems, Solutions, and Hardware Teams to ensure robust interfaces and support key product use cases.
The candidate must be comfortable with independent specification, analysis and development from high level concepts, through design and validation, as well as collaborative development with software and hardware engineering. A deep knowledge of RTOS based embedded microcontroller/microprocessor SoCs specifically targeting wearable, IoT and mobile systems is critical, along with specific experience delivering low power software architectures, which include multiprocessors, graphics and display controllers, wireless communication controllers, and audio and voice technology. A working knowledge of power management and advanced multi-core architectures is a must. The candidate must be comfortable with full system dataflows and modeling to guide hardware and software analysis and development.
- 15+ years of embedded software architecture and design experience targeting wearable/IoT and mobile products or similar.
- Experience developing novel software architectures from idea to specification, to design, to production.
- Working knowledge of low power modern embedded electronic systems and multicore CPU/DSP required.
- Experience with integration of third party software IP and tooling required.
- Experience in embedded development and debug tools specifically for multi-core systems desirable.
- Specific experience in audio, voice and wireless communication protocols and applications strongly preferred.
- Experience in graphics, display and UI development desired.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq Management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.