The SoC Architect will be responsible for developing next-generation ultra-low power SoC architectures for future Ambiq products. The candidate will work with the Marketing and Advanced Development Teams to develop new SoC specifications to drive architecture, and work with the Engineering Teams to transfer to Ambiq’s products. Areas of interest include: low power embedded microcontroller/microprocessor SoC designs, DSP architectures, low power interconnect and memory topologies, display and graphics, audio and voice processing and filtering, wireless communication integration, and multicore architectures. The candidate must have sufficient experience with system level design and requirements on the SoC architecture, hardware/software partitioning, power and performance modeling/tradeoffs and power management. This position will report directly to the VP of Architecture.
- Work with Ambiq’s Marketing, Advanced Development, Architecture, and Engineering Teams to drive development of new ultra-low power SoC architectures on Ambiq’s technology and product roadmaps.
- Develop SoC level specifications and drive power/performance modeling and analysis.
- Analyze low power multimedia, audio and wireless IP, protocols, and signal chains to identify opportunities for energy savings.
- Work with the Engineering Team to transition SoC architecture specification into Ambiq’s products.
- Develop strong SoC methodologies, models and detailed specifications.
- Work with Systems, Solutions, and Software Teams to ensure robust interfaces and support key product use cases.
The candidate must be comfortable with independent specification, analysis and development from high level concepts through design and validation as well as collaborative development with software and hardware engineering. A deep knowledge of embedded microcontroller/microprocessor SoCs specifically targeting wearable, IoT and mobile systems is critical along with specific experience delivering low power SoC architectures, which include multiprocessors, graphics and display controllers, wireless communication controllers, and audio and voice technology. A working knowledge of power management and advanced process nodes is a must. The candidate must be comfortable with full system dataflows and modeling, to guide hardware and software analysis and development.
- 15+ years of SoC architecture and design experience targeting wearable/IoT and mobile products or similar.
- Experience developing novel SoC architectures, from idea to specification, to design, to post-silicon validation.
- Working knowledge of low power modern mobile electronic systems and multicore CPU/DSP required.
- Experience in embedded volatile and non-volatile memory topologies and technologies required.
- Experience in advanced process technologies highly desirable.
- Specific experience in one or more of the following areas strongly preferred:
- Audio, voice and radio communications
- Graphics, display controller and panel technologies
- Neural network architectures
- Arm Cortex-M and/or DSP processor architectures
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq Management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.