Senior Manager MCU Software
Scope and Responsibilities:
The Senior Manager, MCU Software is responsible for managing and growing the MCU software team in Austin. The team is responsible for developing and supporting Ambiq’s SDK for its Apollo family of ultra-low power MCUs. This person will be responsible for providing technical leadership and managing the day-to-day operations of the team, ensuring overall software quality, recruiting new team members, and extending Ambiq’s SDK for new platforms as well as enhancing its features and content.
- Manage the overall direction, task assignment, execution quality, and status reporting for the development and Software Quality Assurance teams.
- Staff planning and recruiting new team members to support ongoing and new projects.
- Responsible for AmbiqSuite SDK technical content, on-time releases, and overall software quality.
- Work across functions including IC Design, Pre-Silicon Emulation/FPGA, Applications Engineering, Software Architecture, and System Test groups to understand software/silicon architectures, plan pre and post silicon testing, and help solve customer problems.
- Strong People management skills. Hands on experience with appraisal and promotion process.
- Experience developing embedded MCU code in C and assembly language on Arm based systems.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Experience with embedded systems in real-time environments (bare metal and RTOS).
- Experience working with RTOS’s such as FreeRTOS, uCOS, ThreadX, and/or others.
- Experience with managing Agile Software development flows, automated testing in a CI/CD environment.
- Good understanding of unit and system testing procedures with high degree of automation.
- Familiarity with MCU peripherals including SPI, I2C, UART, ADC, I2S and PDM.
- Prior experience with Jira, Confluence and collaboration tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills dealing with complex system level issues related to Hardware/Software debug.
- Experience in embedded security, and familiarity with cryptographic algorithms is a plus.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow Lite for Microcontrollers) is a plus.
- Experience with audio processing on microcontrollers and DSP is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- BS/MS in ECE or Computer Science and 15 years of experience in embedded software development.
- At least 7 years of experience with managing and building small to medium software development teams. in a cross-functional environment.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq® is a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Ambiq is bringing intelligence to billions of endpoints. Using the revolutionary Sub-threshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT) Platform, Ambiq’s record-breaking ultra-low power SoCs free device makers to put intelligence everywhere. Ambiq’s SoCs have enabled more than 100 million battery powered devices in markets ranging from wearables to hearables to smart credit cards to smart home devices to smart industrial devices. Ambiq develops and sells SoCs and software solutions with innovative and fast-moving teams in the US (Austin and San Jose), Taiwan (Hsinchu), China (Shenzhen and Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo), and Singapore.
We are just getting started with this first 100 million devices. Come join us on our quest for 100 billion devices. The endpoint intelligence revolution starts here.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Senior Manager MCU Software
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.