Senior Applications Software Engineer
The Applications Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting Ambiq’s Apollo family of MCUs. The candidate will be responsible for developing sample applications for Ambiq and customer evaluation hardware, debugging device level software issues, supporting the Field Team with customer issues, and developing device drivers for use with our MCU product family. The candidate will be working closely with the Field Team assisting customers with integration of their solutions to Ambiq platforms. The candidate will also be involved in the hardware design process for customer evaluation and system test hardware platforms, and will also assist with the development of system test software.
- Collaborate with internal Engineering Teams to analyze and debug complex system level issues and develop software solutions.
- Bridge the communication between Field and Engineering Teams for field issues and manage issue status tracking.
- Design, debug, port, and analyze embedded microcontroller software drivers, algorithms, application code, board support packages, automated scripts, and design test cases to provide the required functionality to end customers.
- Develop custom automated software functions and applications to facilitate microcontroller performance analysis and silicon issue debug.
- Create application notes, knowledgebase articles, and software design guidelines.
- Assist customers with the use of Ambiq SDK and hardware platforms.
- Collaborate with Hardware Engineering in the architecture and design of hardware evaluation platforms, provide software for testing and debug of hardware evaluation platforms.
The Applications Software Engineer must have experience in the design, development or use of HAL and BSP libraries for some MCU product as well as experience developing deeply embedded applications for MCU products. The candidate must have experience developing for, and debugging on Arm based platforms. In addition, the candidate must have strong communication skills and experience working with customers and Field Teams.
- MS in ECE or Computer Science and 3-5 years of experience or BS ECE/CS with 4-6 years of experience.
- Experience developing embedded MCU code in C required.
- Experience with embedded systems in real-time environments (bare metal and RTOS).
- Experience with at least one MCU IDE from Arm, Keil, IAR, Eclipse or other
- Familiarity with MCU peripherals including SPI, I2C, UART, ADC, MIPI, USB, I2S and PDM is a plus.
- Hands-on experience working the lab
- Familiarity with source code control systems (git) required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills dealing with complex system level issues related to hardware/software debug.
- Experience in embedded security, and familiarity with cryptographic algorithms is a plus.
- Experience with embedded graphics and display technologies is a plus.
- Experience with scripting languages required and python experience is specifically desirable.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq Management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Senior Applications Software Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.