- System-level and block-level specification definition.
- Managing a team of designers to create best-in-class, low power RF systems.
- Architectural design and verification.
- Transistor level RF IC circuit design and verification.
- Directly conduct or closely supervise the RF design and layout.
- Conduct design reviews and resolve action items generated as a result of these reviews.
- Work with analog and digital designers to integrate the design at the SoC/package level.
- Assist in prototype chip testing to validate RF circuit blocks and overall radio system.
- Develop and implement a manufacturing test plan for RF circuit blocks and support efficient test program development.
- Support Marketing in product definition.
- Support Product Engineering to meet manufacturing and production needs.
- Support Applications Engineering to meet customer needs.
The qualified candidate must have experience in developing advanced RF circuits, including transistor level design, layout, test, evaluation, and debugging of prototype ICs. The ideal candidate must have a strong intuitive and analytical understanding of transistor-level design including noise, power, stability, matching, transient and low power design trade-offs. The RF Design Manager must work extensively with Analog, Digital, Applications, Testing and Product Engineers, so familiarity with digital, lab, and product test issues is highly desirable.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering field and 5+ years of related experience. A PhD degree may reduce the minimum experience required.
- Experience in both RX and TX design is required.
- Experience managing a team of RF designers through the design flow, from specification to circuit design/verification, to prototype testing, to high volume production support.
- Solid background in semiconductor physics and signal processing.
- Experience designing subthreshold-biased or ultra-low power analog circuits is a plus.
- Experience working with a team of analog and digital designers in a mixed-signal environment.
- Experience guiding layout tradeoffs for performance and size.
- Experience designing RF circuits for testability using special test modes, production trimming, and built-in self-calibration.
- Familiarity with Cadence Virtuoso tools.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.