Power and Performance Architect
The Power and Performance (PnP) Architect will be responsible for leading all benchmark development and analysis activity, as well as drive all power and performance methodology for next-generation ultra-low power SoC, and radio architectures for future Ambiq products. The candidate will work with the Architecture, Marketing and Advanced Development Teams, as well as Engineering Teams to set PnP targets and ensure product alignment. Areas of interest include: SoC power and performance benchmarking, modeling, simulation, and silicon analysis, MCU/GPU/DSP/NN architectures, and Bluetooth Low Energy. This position will report directly to the VP of Architecture.
- Work with Ambiq’s Architecture, Marketing, Advanced Development, and Engineering Teams to drive development of chip, and system level benchmarks and PnP methodology to support Ambiq’s technology and product roadmaps.
- Develop chip and system level PnP specifications/models and drive use case analysis.
- Analyze pre and post silicon PnP data and provide feedback to Engineering and Marketing.
- Build relationships with IP providers, standards groups, and other relevant third parties to ensure alignment to PnP requirements.
- Drive overall PnP methodologies and benchmarking processes.
The candidate must be comfortable with independent specification, analysis and development from high level concepts through design and validation, as well as collaborative development with software and hardware engineering. A deep knowledge of power and performance architecture specifically in MCU based SoC’s and AI Processors is critical. A working knowledge of voice and graphics use cases, as well as Bluetooth Low Energy is highly desirable. The candidate must be comfortable developing full system dataflows, and modeling to guide hardware and software analysis and development. The candidate also must be comfortable specifying and modeling power and performance architectures and methodologies for development and production deployment. An understanding of system interaction with power/performance management/operating modes, data flows and signaling is required.
- 10+ years of power and performance architecture experience.
- Ph.D. in a related area is desirable.
- Experience developing power and performance benchmarks and methodologies, from idea to architecture, to design, to post-silicon validation, to product roll out.
- Deep understanding of the MCU based SoC’s and use cases.
- Good working knowledge of at least one of DSP, GPU, Neural Network accelerators and Bluetooth architectures a must.
- Working knowledge of FPGA and emulation platforms desirable.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq Management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Power and Performance Architect
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.