Hardware Solutions Engineer
The Hardware Solutions Engineer is responsible for developing the hardware application environment for the Ambiq product, especially the Apollo family ultra-low power microcontrollers and BT/BLE SoCs, and supporting Field Team for customer issues and manage tracking the status. In order to achieve this, a strong background experience of hardware development and debugging is essential, as well as communication skills. This position will mostly focus on PCB level hardware development, testing and debugging.
- Design PCBAs for Ambiq product, especially the Apollo family ultra-low power Bluetooth-enabled MCUs.
- Support Field Engineering Teams for debugging customer issues and hardware testing.
- Work closely with Design and Validation Teams to define and design minimum operating hardware environment for the target microcontroller and the evaluation hardware.
- Support audio hardware and acoustic testing.
- Manage and track PCBAs manufacture for evaluation boards designed in-house.
- Maintaining daily operation of company’s electronic lab.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related major.
- 3+ years work experience in hardware development or testing.
- Ability to design PCBAs for embedded system with main-stream EDA tools. Skilled in using Altium Designer to design PCBAs is preferred.
- Ability to run test case for embedded system and summarize the test results.
- Ability for hand soldering is a must, skilled in hand soldering for fine pitch components, such as BGA chips and 0201 components is preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to debug complex system level issues related to board level hardware and software integration, analog and digital hardware interactions, and ultra-low power management circuits
- Hands-on experience in electric test equipment, such as oscilloscope, multimeter, signal generator, and programmable power supply.
- Experience with audio and acoustic testing equipment is preferred.
- Programming experience in C and Python is preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English in preferred.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Hardware Solutions Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.