Scope and Responsibilities:
Ambiq’s Software and Solutions Team is looking for an FPGA/Emulation Lead with experience in RTL design or verification and FPGA/Emulation platform creation to support of Design Verification, Validation, Software Development and System Test at the pre-silicon phase. This person will be working within the Software and Solutions Team and closely with the SoC Design team, Design Verification, and Validation Teams. The FPGA/Emulation Lead is responsible for Ambiq’s Emulation strategy and processes.
- Own the FPGA/Emulation process flow and platforms across multiple pre-silicon design projects while leading a small team of FPGA engineers across multiple geographies.
- Implement and debug FPGA design primarily on Stratix-10 development board using Quartus.
- Support a regression test suite consisting of system-level test cases to validate updated FPGA builds.
- Assist the development teams in reproduction, triage and debug of issues.
The FPGA/Emulation Lead must have experience developing deeply embedded applications for MCU products and testing them on FPGA based emulation platforms.
- BSEE or BSCE with 10+ years of SoC design, verification, or related work experience and 8+ years of experience of FPGA design, bring-up, debugging, and verification.
- In-depth knowledge of top-down FPGA development process with recent experience with FPGA-based prototyping on a platform comprising one FPGA.
- Some familiarity with Cadence SoC design flow
- Expertise in both Intel Quartus Prime Pro and Xilinx Vivado suites with emphasis on Quartus Prime Pro 19.x and later
- Solid understanding of the tool flow from RTL to bitstream
- Strong team leadership experience
- Some familiarity with programming in C language.
- Familiarity with source code control systems (git) required
- Hands-on lab bring-up experience, debug, and instrument usage
In addition, the following areas of experience are highly desirable for the position but not strictly required.
- In-depth experience with Stratix 10 FPGA platforms: boards, debug, performance and throughput tuning.
- Familiarity with emulation prototyping platforms (e.g., Palladium).
- At least essential hands-on experience with Cadence SimVision
- Proven design validation skills
- Proven micro-architecture development and excellent documentation skills
- In-depth experience writing Verilog code
- Experience with System Verilog verification environments
- Good analytical skills
- Experience on Python script is plus
Key Personal ad Professional Attributes:
Ambiq® is a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Ambiq is bringing intelligence to billions of endpoints. Using the revolutionary Sub-threshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT) Platform, Ambiq’s record-breaking ultra-low power SoCs free device makers to put intelligence everywhere. Ambiq’s SoCs have enabled more than 100 million battery powered devices in markets ranging from wearables to hearables to smart credit cards to smart home devices to smart industrial devices. Ambiq develops and sells SoCs and software solutions with innovative and fast-moving teams in the US (Austin and San Jose), Taiwan (Hsinchu), China (Shenzhen and Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo), and Singapore.
We are just getting started with this first 100 million devices. Come join us on our quest for 100 billion devices. The endpoint intelligence revolution starts here.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.