FPGA Support Engineer
Ambiq’s Software and Solutions Team is looking for an FPGA Support Engineer with experience in firmware or embedded software development. The candidate will be working with the FPGA Team, supporting FPGA based emulation, validation and software development activities for internal and external customers. The candidate will also be responsible for developing and debugging low level software/firmware for SOC.
- Develop low level software, firmware, and device drivers for Arm based SOC components and test those on FPGA.
- Implement and debug FPGA design primarily on Stratix-10 development board using Quartus. Occasionally developing for Xilinx platform will be needed.
- Assist the development teams in reproduction, triage and debug of issues.
- Implement and execute test cases as defined in the test plan.
The FPGA Support Engineer must have experience developing deeply embedded applications for MCU products and testing them on FPGA based emulation platform. The candidate must have significant experience developing for and debugging on Arm based platforms.
- BSEE, BSCE, or BSCS with 3+ years of firmware or low level/ embedded software development experience.
- Prior experience with FPGA tools and methodologies.
- Experience developing embedded MCU code in C and assembly language required.
- Experience developing firmware for Arm Cortex M4F Processors or similar processors required.
- Experience with at least one MCU IDE from Arm, Keil, IAR, Eclipse or other.
- Experience with embedded RTOS required, FreeRTOS preferred.
- Experience working hands-on in the lab using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, internal probing tools such as SignalTap.
- Familiarity with source code control systems (git) required.
- Excellent problem solving skills dealing with complex system level issues related to hardware and software debug.
- Extensive experience implementing and optimizing debugger interfaces based on JTAG, SWD or other.
- Experience with scripting languages required. Python experience is specifically desirable.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq Management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
FPGA Support Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.