Embedded Software Test Engineer
Ambiq’s Software and Solutions Team is looking for an Embedded Software Test Engineer. The candidate will be working with a global development team, supporting the embedded software test activities. The candidate will also be working with the rest of the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) team to create the test infrastructure, create test plans, write test cases and help set up test automation processes for the embedded software during pre and post silicon phases of the product to ensure proper functionality and performance.
In this role, the candidate will work collaboratively with Firmware Engineering to automate and streamline test processes, collaborate on test strategies and plans, develop new tools, and integrate specific customer use case examples for further system testing.
- Develop test plans and execute tests to ensure functionality and performance as per the system requirements.
- Plan the test infrastructure to ensure proper coverage, implementation, and documentation.
- Develop automated test framework and regression test suites to optimize testing.
- Automate build and test processes with Jenkins.
- Identify, report and handle defects in a defect tracking system.
- Apply quality engineering standard methodologies for the testing process including test execution and defect resolution.
- Work closely with Engineering Teams to understand requirements, use-cases and help making a good quality product.
- Work with Engineering Teams to help debug failures.
The Embedded Software Test Engineer must have experience with embedded software testing, creating test infrastructure and automate the test. Prior experience doing embedded software development is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with 3-5 years of experience with development and testing embedded systems/real-time environments (bare metal and RTOS).
- Experience in developing and executing tests of low-level embedded software like BSPs, device drivers, boot loaders, DSP software, security algorithms and more.
- Experience with scripting or programming languages such as (Python/shell, Tcl/Tk, Perl, C, C++, and more).
- Experience developing embedded software using C.
- Experience with Jira, git, and Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins).
- A good hands-on experience on lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers etc. for measurement and debugging issues.
- Familiarity with security infrastructure is a plus.
- Understanding of software testing and test automation principles.
- Familiar with defect management practices.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Embedded Software Test Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.