Embedded Software Security Engineer
Ambiq’s Software and Solutions Team is looking for an Embedded Software Security Engineer. The candidate will be working with a global development team, supporting the embedded development activities. The candidate will also be responsible for driving the software security infrastructure, and to develop and integrate embedded Secure Bootloader and Crypto software into Ambiq’s next generation of MCU.
In this role, the candidate will work as part of the Software Security Team responsible for implementing and maintaining various security software components like SecureBoot, Secure Updates and Run time security for Ambiq’s chipset portfolio. The candidate will work collaboratively with Software and System Architects to support existing security solution, and help define and implement security infrastructure for the next generation products.
- Design, implement, test and support the Secure Bootloader, and Secure OTA solution.
- Participate in the pre-silicon verification on FPGA, as well as post-silicon bring up.
- Support software for runtime cryptographic operations and utilize hardware engines.
- Work closely with the Software Quality Assurance and Test Team to help define test plans and help with automation for security deliverables to ensure full coverage.
- Support Third Party Security Audits.
- Provide necessary training to Field Engineering and help customers with integrating their security solution on Ambiq devices.
- Work with System Architects in defining the security infrastructure for the next generation chips.
The Embedded Security Engineer must have experience with embedded software security, secure boot, and must be familiar with latest cryptographic trends.
- Bachelor of Science/Masters (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science) with 7+ years of embedded software development experience with embedded systems/real-time environments (bare metal and RTOS).
- At least 3 years’ experience working with embedded security, cryptography, and secure boot.
- Knowledge of cryptographic algorithms and protocols including Public Key Infrastructure
- Experience with ARM chipset and firmware security (TrustZone, CryptoCell, and secure boot)
- Experience developing in embedded C and assembly language with a focus on system initialization and low-level code.
- Experience with at least one MCU IDE from ARM, Keil, IAR, Eclipse or others.
- Excellent problem-solving skills dealing with complex system level issues related to hardware/software debug.
- Good hands-on experience on lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers (and more) for debugging issues.
- Understanding of software testing and test automation principles.
- Familiarity with defect management practices.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Embedded Software Security Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.