Director SoC Engineering
The Director of SoC (System on Chip) engineering is responsible for planning and leading the development of mass production capable SoCs. The Director is also responsible for hiring, directing, mentoring and retaining the SoC group at Ambiq’s Taiwan Design Center. This is a hands-on position where the successful candidate will work with Marketing and other members of the engineering team(s) to scope and schedule the SoC development effort to meet feature, performance, schedule and cost goals and then lead and coordinate the SoC team (Digital Design, Digital Verification, Analog/RF and Physical Design) to design, tapeout, and release the SoC to mass production on schedule and within budget.
- Management and technical leadership of Ambiq’s SoC team in Taiwan and the ability to travel when necessary.
- Thoroughly understand the product and guide chip design.
- Develop schedules and manage resources to achieve on-time delivery of SoC team deliverables meeting specifications, coverage and product cost goals.
- Provide support for Company objectives working closely with Ambiq HQ SoC Team leadership.
- Manage outside contractors, as necessary, to achieve group goals within budget and schedule.
- Solve problems where analysis and solutions require broad experience and innovation.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Ensure verification metrics are met at time of tapeout.
- BSEE (MSEE preferred) and 15+ years of experience in the development of SoCs.
- Expert experience in Digital and/or Analog/RF design and very strong understanding of all other functional areas necessary to design, tapeout and deliver SoCs for mass production.
- Proven track record leading multi-function teams designing SoCs that are released to mass production (10+).
- Experience managing SoC teams (Digital Design, Digital Verification, Analog/RF Design, and Physical Design).
- Very good understanding of CAD tools used in SoC design.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and improved efficiencies.
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills in both Mandarin and English.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Director SoC Engineering
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.