Deputy Director of Operations Engineering
The Deputy Director of Operations Engineering has a key role in driving the company’s profitability growth by improving manufacturing yield rate and product performance. Responsibilities include:
- Manage and be engaged in various engineering projects and assignments.
- Applies advanced knowledge of engineering principles and practices in the design specifications, considering application, cost, weight, performance, product life, manufacture, assembly and service.
- Verifies design using analysis and or functional testing, interprets results, drives decisions and assesses risk.
- Works with other engineering disciplines and cross-functional disciplines to resolve product issues.
- Evaluates customer needs and aligns requirements with identified customer expectations.
- Product yield analysis, product failure analysis, and yield enhancement activities.
- Drives yield and performance distribution improvements across wafer sort and final test.
- Define critical process characteristics with OSAT to fit product characteristics defined by customers.
- Define the yield road map and drive the fulfillment during ramp-up and volume production. Identify and realize measures for yield improvement, test optimization and product cost-ability methods. Define qualification plan and perform feasibility analysis.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including Design, Test, Software Development and Quality Engineers as well as Production Controllers to solve technical issues during product development.
- Reviews Engineering designs and documentation, and provides technical expertise and direction in the design and fabrication of prototype tooling and testing system.
- Communicate with external vendors or production teams to coordinate and lead projects related to product development or process improvement.
- Assists in providing technical support for Marketing and Sales Departments on developing future oriented solutions, and exploits the maximum potential for the current product portfolio.
- Assists Sales Department on design-in/win targets, supports Sales with technical expertise in order to maintain our leading market position.
- Collaborates on project development activities and be part of the defining product strategies.
The candidate must have a good sense for profitable business ideas, pushing them to their full implementation and application:
- Electronical Engineering or other technology-oriented degree with more than 15 years of experience in product engineering, application engineering, or operations in a semiconductor industry.
- Good knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing flow and processes, and established, proven program management capability, experience, and results.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing) in both English and Chinese.
- Ability to drive and structure cross-functional and cross-regional activities.
- Self-starter who can accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- A high level of flexibility to adapt to different business situations and team settings.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with abstract matters, and able to communicate complex matters in a condensed form.
- Hands on experience and knowledge, and thorough understanding of relevant manufacturing processes.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Excellent people skills. Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams; able to work with different personalities in different cultural environments.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq’s management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Deputy Director of Operations Engineering
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.