Analog Design Engineer
- Chip level and block level specification definition.
- Circuit architectural design and verification.
- Transistor level analog IC circuit design and verification.
- Directly conduct or closely supervise the analog circuit layout.
- Conduct design reviews and resolve action items generated as a result of these reviews.
- Attend design reviews to provide input and guidance to other designers.
- Work with digital designers to interface with and verify analog circuit block.
- Assist in prototype chip testing to validate analog circuit blocks.
- Develop and implement a manufacturing test plan for analog circuit blocks; support efficient test program development.
- Support marketing in product definition.
- Support product engineering to meet manufacturing/production needs.
- Support applications engineering to meet customer needs.
The qualified candidate must be an engineer with experience developing advanced analog/mixed-signal circuits. Experience must include high-level modeling, specification definition, transistor level design, layout, test, evaluation, and debugging of prototype ICs. The ideal candidate must have a strong intuitive and analytical understanding of transistor-level design including stability, matching, transient and noise analysis, low power design trade-offs, and architectural and systems issues. A deep knowledge of transistor operation in the subthreshold regime is highly desirable. The analog IC design engineer must work extensively with digital, applications, and product engineers, so a familiarity with digital, lab, and product test issues is also highly desirable.
- Master’s degree or equivalent training in related field and 3+ years of related experience.
- Experience in the full design flow, from specification to circuit design/verification, to prototype testing, to high volume production support.
- Experience in top level verification, integration of IP blocks, LVS, DRC, FILL and tape out experience desirable.
- Experience designing various analog circuits including at least three of the following circuits: voltage regulators, voltage reference generators, analog-to-digital converters, crystal oscillators, and DC-DC converters
- Experience with IO and ESD is extremely desirable.
- Solid background in semiconductor physics and signal processing is a plus.
- Experience designing subthreshold-biased, or ultra-low power analog circuits is desirable.
- Experience with mixed mode simulators and Verilog-ams is desirable.
- Experience working with a team of analog and digital designers in a mixed-signal environment.
- Experience guiding layout trade-offs for performance and size.
- Experience designing analog circuits for test-ability using special test modes, production trimming, etc.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.orgAttach a resume
Analog Design Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.