BLE Software Engineer
The BLE Software Engineer is responsible for developing, and supporting Ambiq’s BLE Host Protocol Stack for its Apollo family of ultra-low power MCUs. The candidate will be responsible for extending the offering with custom profiles, services, and drivers for new platforms as well as enhancing existing features and content. The candidate must be intimately familiar with Bluetooth technology with relevant recent experience with BLE 4.x systems (BLE 5.x is a plus).
- Analysis of marketing requirements and creation of product/release requirements.
- Creation of custom BLE profile examples using a combination of standard and custom services.
- Creation of customer examples including BLE client, and server applications utilizing sensors, and algorithms to create complete reference system designs.
- Optimization of BLE applications and Host Protocol stack configurations.
- Maintain/debug/fix issues and develop/validate new features for BLE controller’s firmware on FPGA and silicon.
- Investigation and root cause analysis of customer defects across the RF, HW, and SW disciplines.
- Develop test plans and automated test cases for the various profiles, services, and applications.
- Assist with the definition and development of the test automation harness for these components.
- Develop and/or assist with the development of script based automation for the BLE components and packages.
- Work with system/radio team on profiling power consumption, throughput, and distance for typical BLE usage scenarios.
The BLE Software Engineer must have experience in the design, development or use of HAL and BSP libraries for some MCU product, as well as extensive experience developing deeply embedded applications for BLE platforms. The candidate must have significant experience developing for, and debugging on Arm based platforms.
- BS in ECE or Computer Science, and 5+ years of experience with at least 2 years with Bluetooth technologies.
- Experience with BLE air sniffer (e.g., Ellisys) and analysis of BLE sniffer airlog.
- Experience developing embedded MCU code in C and assembly language required.
- Experience with all layers of the BLE Protocol including GATT, ATT, SMP, L2CAP, LL, and PHY.
- Familiarity with the standard HCI protocol and vendor specific extensions.
- Experience developing firmware for Arm Cortex M4F Processors or similar processors required.
- Experience with at least one MCU IDE from Arm, Keil, IAR, Eclipse or other.
- Experience with embedded RTOS required (FreeRTOS preferred).
- Hands-on experience working in the lab.
- Familiarity with source code control systems (git) required.
- Excellent problem solving skills dealing with complex system level issues related to hardware/software debug.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected]Attach a resume
BLE Software Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.