Analog Design Engineer
- Chip-level and block-level specification definition
- Circuit architectural design and verification
- Transistor level analog IC circuit design and verification
- Directly conduct or closely supervise the analog circuit layout
- Conduct design reviews and resolve action items generated as a result of these reviews
- Attend design reviews to provide input and guidance to other designers
- Work with digital designers to interface with and verify analog circuit block
- Assist in prototype chip testing to validate analog circuit blocks
- Develop and implement a manufacturing test plan for analog circuit blocks; support efficient test program development
- Support Marketing in product definition
- Support Product Engineering to meet manufacturing and production needs
- Support Applications Engineering to meet customer needs
The qualified candidate must be have experience in developing advanced analog/mixed-signal circuits, including transistor level design, layout, test, evaluation, and debugging of prototype ICs. The ideal candidate must have a strong intuitive and analytical understanding of transistor-level design including stability, matching, transient and low power design trade-offs. A deep knowledge of transistor operation in the subthreshold regime is highly desirable. The Analog IC Design Engineer must work extensively with Digital, Applications, Testing and Product Engineers, so a familiarity with digital, lab, and product test issues is highly desirable.
- Master’s degree or equivalent training in related field and 3+ years of related experience. An advanced degree (e.g., PhD) may reduce the minimum experience required.
- Experience in the full design flow, from specification to circuit design/verification, to prototype testing, to high volume production support.
- Experience in top level verification, integration of IP blocks, LVS, DRC, FILL and tape out experience desirable.
- Experience with IO and ESD is extremely desirable.
- Solid background in semiconductor physics and signal processing.
- Experience designing subthreshold-biased or ultra-low power analog circuits is a plus.
- Experience with mixed mode simulators and Verilog-AMS is a plus.
- Experience working with a team of Analog and Digital Designers in a mixed-signal environment.
- Experience guiding layout trade-offs for performance and size.
- Experience designing analog circuits for testability using special test modes, production trimming, and more.
- Familiar with Cadence Virtuoso tools.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes:
Ambiq management is building a company that values continued technology innovation, a fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. The incoming candidate should embrace these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Please submit resumes to [email protected] or complete the form below.Submit a resume
Analog Design Engineer
Fill in the information about yourself and we will contact you soon.
Fields marked with * are required.